Push notifications make it possible to send clickable messages directly to the user’s browser, including, to mobile devices. This technology is not new, many services have taken it into service and are actively using it. After initial configuration, notifications are automatically sent to the user’s device.
Advantages and disadvantage of push notifications
First and foremost, it is necessary to emphasize the crucial role of push technology in raising advertising and the entire process of promoting goods and services to a new level. The consumer can finally stop being the addressee of spam.
There are many common features between SMS messages, e-mails, and push notifications. At the same time, the new technology has several advantages:
- The simplicity of subscription. To express the consent to receive notifications, the user only needs to tick one box.
- A good viewability of notifications. The ad that appears on top of running applications is read almost 100% of the time. The number of subsequent transitions on the links available in it is also much higher than in the case of advertising banners.
- It is easy to install services on your site. The procedure for installing the push-mail module is elementary, especially, when you use the advertising Push notifications network, and requires only the introduction of a code.
- The cost. Unlike SMS, the price of a push notification is calculated based on the number of subscribers. In addition, there are services that do not charge a fee for their services.
- The absence of spam. A user who receives too many notifications of an un-targeted nature can easily cancel a subscription and rid himself of the flow of unnecessary information. Unlike push-technology, numerous services can be sent to e-mail or cell phone number for sending spam, for which it is not a problem to obtain such data.
- The relevance of information. Recipients of disseminated information are only those users who have confirmed their interest in it.
All these factors contribute to the fact that push notifications are rapidly spreading as a unique advertising tool. Their timeliness and relevance enable users to keep up to date with all updates.
The disadvantage of using push notifications can be called a low percentage of users aware of the existence of this technology. Therefore, often consumers do not agree to the distribution of these messages because they do not understand its essence.
In addition, there are still too few sites that use push notification capabilities with maximum efficiency.
A limited number of notifications should be considered, which cannot be more than 125 characters. This encourages the creators of advertising texts to formulate them briefly and in a capacious manner.